Working on a new website but in the meantime contact me if you have any questions or comments, would love to hear from you.

Reach me at : lifeaccordingtogreg@gmail.com

Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24th - DIY lightbox



Hello readers,
Today I decided to build my very own light box with nothing more then a cardboard box, utility knife, tape and tissue paper. Mind you its not the best box it does the trick. The first photo shows exactly what the box looks like:

So as you can see its pretty ghetto but it allows me a chance to play with some new lighting ideas. A few of my previous shots were done with just taping some parchment paper over the lights. Very crude but ok results for a beginner like myself. So the next picture shows the difference in lighting between using the box and not using it.


As you can see it allows for a much smoother transition from the high lights to the low lights. It gives the light a much softer look. Also with the box I am able to create a seamless background so it looks like the object is floating in white space. Pretty neat. I will try to incorporate some more technical things as I go.

Leave a comment or join my followers ... of 1.

g.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice greg! wanna try and make my own too...

- court, your faithful follower ;)

Jane and Chris said...

wow